Breweries & Bottle Plants
Chlorine Dioxide Applications
Brewing Equipment Sanitization
Chlorine dioxide is a safe and effective sanitizer for use in a variety of brewing and packaging applications. The Pharma Room: Surface Wash can be applied to water systems, processing equipment, and environmental surfaces to reduce or eliminate brewery spoilage organisms.
Washing Yeast with Chlorine Dioxide
Pitching yeasts collected from brewery fermentations are never absolutely free of microbiological infection. In spite of all sanitary precautions, some bacteria and wild yeast will contaminate the pitching yeast. The pitching yeast can contain healthy yeast cells and trub (dead yeast cells and organic residues) and may contain 5 to 15% dry solids.
The Pharma Room: Surface Wash is an alternative to distilled water or acid washing that is relatively new to the brewing industry. Using chlorine dioxide is a method of washing yeast to minimize microbiological infection. It kills via microbes by reacting chemically with sulfur-containing amino acids.
Benefits of The Pharma Room: Surface Wash
- Effective over a broad pH range (2 to 10).
- Does not affect the taste of beer due to its very low effective dosage.
- Controls bacteria, fungi, viruses, biofilm and algae.
- Does not react with ammonia & does not produce toxic compounds in contact with organic materials present in water.
- Effective at lower dose rates than chlorine or bromine.
- Non-corrosive at the recommended dose rates.
- Rapidly degrade to harmless inorganic chemicals when exposed to sunlight, so when tanks are severely contaminated and require flushing no harmful chemicals are released into the environment.
- Does not contain free chlorine.
- Micro-organisms do not develop resistance or mutations.
- Safe for consumption and approved for use globally.
Meat Packing Plants
Vertical Vegetation Farms
Retail Shops & Big Box Stores Plants
Milling & Extraction Rooms
Shipping & Storage Rooms
Shipping & Parcel Centers
Franchises & Chains
Public Bathrooms & Facilities
Nightclubs & Bars